Windows users usually find the error VT-X is not available trying to access a virtual machine using VirtualBox. In this article, you will find the main causes and fixing methods for VT-X is Not Available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX) error. Investing a few minutes reading the article will help you to get rid of the annoying error in 2021.
What causes VT-X is not available? There are multiple reasons for the problem, below-stated are some of the main reasons for VT-X is Not Available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX) error.
- VT-X is not enabled in the BIOS settings
- Hyper-V virtualization is enabled in Windows
- Core Isolation is enabled in Windows System
- Windows System CPU does not support VT-X
Let’s go through the solving method for “VT-X is Not Available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX)”
Fixing methods for VT-X is not available!
Insist you to perform the stated methods one after another and check if the error VT-X is Not Available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX) is fixed or not. If not, perform other solving methods.
Enable BIOS Settings for VT-X
- Turn Off/On your Windows PC, press Bios function key (When system is turning on) continuously to enter Bios Menu.
Note: Bios Function keys differ depending on device brand.
Below-stated are the Bios Function keys depending on the brand which is used to enter Bios Menu in Windows System.
- Asus PC/Laptop (F2)
- Dell PC/Laptop (F12)
- HP PC/Laptop (F10)
- Lenovo PC/Laptop (F1)
- Samsung PC/Laptop (F2)
- Find the System Configuration option and click on it.
- Now, under configuration you will find “Intel (R) Virtualization Technology” click on it and enable the same.
- Once done, exit the bios menu and boot your Windows System.
Disable Hyper-V virtualization in Control panel
- Type Control Panel in Windows Search bar and hit enter
- Now, enter Windows features in the Control Panel Search box and hit enter.
- Click on “Turn Windows features on or off” to continue,
- Find the “Hyper-V” folder and uncheck it and click on the OK tab.
- Once done, restart your Windows Operating System and check whether the error “VT-X is not available” is fixed or not.
Disable Hyper-V virtualization in Command Prompt
- Type Command Prompt in Windows search bar and click on Run as administrator option to open CMD prompt.
- Input the command bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off and hit enter
- Once done, restart your Windows PC and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
Disable Core Isolation Feature from Windows Security
- Type Windows Security in Windows search bar and hit enter,
- Find the Device Security option and click on it.
- Click on Core isolation details to continue,
- Find Memory integrity and disable it.
- Once done, restart your Windows Operating System.
FAQ for VT-X is not available
- How do I fix Vt X not available?
Perform the below-stated methods to fix VT-X is Not Available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX) error in Windows PC.
- Enable BIOS Settings for VT-X
- Disable Hyper-V virtualization in Control panel
- Disable Hyper-V virtualization in Command Prompt
- Disable Core Isolation Feature from Windows Security
- What is VTX virtualization?
VTX Virtualization is an enhanced technology that lets users enable multiple operating systems in the same machine. VirtualBox is one the notable software preferred for VTX Virtualization in 2021.
- Can we play free fire in windows 8.1 in which vt‑x is not enabled and system requirements are not good?
Yes, you can enjoy one of the trending games “Free Fire” in your Windows 8 Operating System even if VTX Virtualization is not enabled. You can rely on XePlayer Emulator for smooth gaming in Windows; it doesn’t require VTX virtualization.
We’re glad to introduce the fixing methods for the error VT-X is Not Available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX), in this article. If you have any doubts or queries kindly, note them in the comment section. We will look into it!