Teredo Tunneling Adapter error won’t allow you access to the internet in Windows PC. How to fix it? Well, investing a few reading the article will help you understand the fixing methods for the problem “Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter” in 2021.
Unknowingly deleted Teredo Tunneling Adapter, outdated drivers, lack of system software update are some of the main causes for Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter problem. Sometimes, due to minor software issues you might find the error message “This Device Cannot Start. (Code 10)” In such cases, you just have to restart your Windows Operating System.
Let’s go through fixing methods for the error.
Methods to Fix Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter!
Insist you to perform the stated methods one after another in Windows PC and check if the “Microsoft Teredo Tunneling adapter” problem is fixed or not. If not, proceed with the next solving method.
Update Teredo Tunneling Adapter Driver
- Type Device Manager in Windows Search bar and hit enter.
- You will find Network adapters kindly, double click on it.
- Next step is to right-click on Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter and click on update driver option.
- Click on “Search automatically for updated driver software” option to continue,
- Download & install the new driver update for Teredo Tunneling adapter.
Once done, restart your Windows Operating System. Hopefully, you won’t find the error message “This Device Cannot Start. (Code 10)” In case, still the problem exists proceed with the next method.
Run the Internet & Network adapter troubleshooter
- Type Settings in Windows Search bar and hit enter.
- Click on Update & Security option to continue,
- Kindly, click on “Troubleshoot” option to proceed further
- Click on Internet Connections to find Run the troubleshooter
- Kindly, click on it to troubleshoot the error. The process will consume some, wait till it completes.
- Now, find Network Adapter option and click on it.
- Click on Run the troubleshooter tab to detect the problems.
- Once done, restart your Windows PC and check if the error is fixed or not. If not kindly, perform the next method.
Enable Teredo Client using Command Prompt
- Type Command Prompt in Windows Search bar and click on Run as administrator to open CMD prompt.
- Input the stated command one after another and enter
(Note: Enter all command in same Command Prompt)
netsh (1st command)
int teredo (2nd Command)
set state disabled (3rd Command)
int ipv6 (4th Command)
set teredo client (5th last command)
- Once done, close the Command Prompt and restart your Windows PC.
Modify TCP/IPv6 port Parameters in Windows Registry
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously to open Run Window.
- Type regedit in a blank box and click the OK tab to open the Registry Editor.
- Double-Click on Computer to continue,
- Now, double-click on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
- Find the SYSTEM folder and double-click on it.
- Double-click on the CurrentControlSet folder and find services folder. Click on it.
- Click on Tcpip6 folder and then double-click on Parameters folder.
- Next step is to right-click on Disabled Components and click on the Modify option.
- Kindly, change the Value data to 0 and click the OK tab to save the changes made.
- Once done, close the registry editor and restart your Windows PC.
Uninstall & reinstall Teredo Tunneling Adapter
Still finding “This Device Cannot Start (Code 10)” the same error message? Insist you to perform Uninstall/reinstall method to fix Microsoft Teredo Tunneling adapter error in Windows PC.
- Firstly, type Device Manager in the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
- Find Network adapters kindly, double click on it.
- Right-click on Microsoft Teredo Tunneling adapter and click on Uninstall option.
- Click OK Tab to uninstall it and close the tab.
- Again open Device Manager and click on the Action option.
- Click on Add legacy hardware option to continue,
- Now, click on Next TAB to continue,
- Select the 1st option “Search for and install the hardware automatically (Recommended) and click on NEXT tab.
- Now, select on Network Adapter and click on Next tab to continue,
- Find the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter folder and click on Next tab to reinstall the adapter in Windows PC.
- Once done, restart your Windows PC!
FAQ for Teredo Tunneling adapter
- Why Microsoft Teredo Tunneling adapter error occurs?
Outdated drivers, unknowingly deleted Teredo Tunneling adapter, lack of system software updates in Windows System are some of the main reasons for Microsoft Teredo Tunneling adapter issue.
Perform the below-stated methods in your Windows PC to get rid of the error message “This Device Cannot Start. (Code 10)” in 2021
- Update Teredo Tunneling Adapter Driver
- Run Internet & Network adapter troubleshooter.
- Enable Teredo Client using Command Prompt
- Modify TCP/IPv6 port Parameters in Windows Registry
- Uninstall & reinstall Teredo Tunneling Adapter
- Do I need Microsoft Teredo Tunneling adapter?
Yes, Windows System does require Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter. It allows translation between IPv6 and IPv4 in Internet protocol. To have smooth internet connectivity in Windows PC, Teredo Tunneling Adapter is a must.
We’re glad to introduce the fixing methods for the “Microsoft Teredo Tunneling adapter” problem, in this article. Kindly, perform the stated methods in your Windows PC to gain smooth internet connectivity while surfing. If you have any doubts or queries kindly, note them in the comment section. We will look into it!