0xc000000f is one of the Blue screens of death errors. There are multiple causes for the error message “A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed” Investing a few minutes reading the article will let you explore the main causes and fixing method for error code 0xc000000f in 2021.
What causes error code 0xc000000f?
Below-stated are the main causes for error code 0xc000000f:
- Disk write errors
- Power outages
- Boot sector viruses
- Mislead during Boot configuration data
- Damaged Hardware
- Corrupted system files
- Faulty hard disk
Sometimes due to minor software issues you might find the error message “A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed” kindly, restart your Windows Operating System and check whether the error code 0xc000000f is fixed or not. If the BSOD error still exists kindly, perform the introduced methods in your Windows PC to fix it.
Fixing methods for error code 0xc000000f
Insist you to perform the stated methods one after another and check if error 0xc000000f is fixed or not. If not, perform the stated methods in your Windows PC to get rid of the blue screens of death error.
Disconnect the external hardware (Restart)
Some of the Windows users have tackled the error message “A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed” just by disconnecting external hardware such as keyboard, mouse, Webcams, USB drives, DVD. Restart the Windows PC after removing all the connected external drives and hardware.
The method is a bit silly but still it helps, sometimes.
Check Faulty Cables
Damaged power or connecting cables are one of the main causes for error code 0xc000000f. Check for damaged wires, if any change it. Simply disconnect the connecting cables/reconnect them and restart your Windows PC.
If you’re using a laptop, remove the battery and insert the same again and restart Windows System. Performing the method will let you fix the power supply issue and hopefully help you to get rid of the BSOD error 0xc000000f. If not, proceed with the next solving method.
Reset Windows PC
- Type Settings in Windows search bar and hit enter
- Find Recovery option and click on it
- You will find Get Started TAB under Reset this PC option kindly, click on it.
- Select one of the options to proceed further, you can prefer the 1st option “Keep my files” to continue so that your stored device files won’t be deleted.
- The Process will consume some time, wait till it completes.
Restart with Windows installation media (DVD/Drive)
Before performing the method “Restart with Windows installation media” kindly, insert DVD or USB drive (Windows installation media) in your Windows PC. In case, if you don’t have Windows installation media, you can download it from the official Microsoft portal.
- Firstly type Settings in Windows search bar and hit enter
- Click on the Recovery option to proceed further with the method.
- Kindly, click on Restart now tab to continue,
- From the boot menu select Windows installation media DVD or USB drive and follow the instructions to complete the process.
Rebuild BCD with command prompt
Still finding error code 0xc000000f in Windows? Insist you to perform the Rebuild BCD method using command prompt. The method will help you to get rid of the error message “A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed” in 2021.
- Type settings in Windows search bar and hit enter,
- Click on Recovery option to continue,
- Now, click on Restart now tab to proceed further,
- Select Windows installation media (DVD or USB) from the boot menu and install the Windows Software.
- Once done, click on Finish Tab to continue.
- Now, select the language, time and keyboard input option and click on NEXT tab.
- Click on Repair your Computer option to continue,
- Choose Troubleshoot option to proceed further,
- Now, click Advanced Option under “Troubleshoot”
- Next step is to click on the command prompt.
Note: Enter the below-stated commands one after another and hit enter (Make sure you enter all the commands in the same COMMAND prompt.
bcdedit /export C:\bcdbackup
attrib bcd -s -h –r
ren C:\boot\bcd bcd.old
A (Enter alphabet A and hit enter)
Once done, remove the Windows installation Media (USB or DVD) from Windows PC and restart the same.
FAQ for 0xc000000f
- What causes error code 0xc000000f?
There are multiple causes for the BSOD error 0xc000000f such as Damaged Hardware, disk write error, power outage, faulty cable and corrupted files. However, it’s not a permanent error you can fix the same.
- How do I fix error code 0xc000000f?
Perform the below-stated methods to fix error code 0xc000000f in Windows PC.
- Disconnect the external hardware (Restart)
- Reset Windows PC
- Check Faulty Cables
- Restart with Windows installation media (DVD/Drive)
- Rebuild BCD with command prompt
- How do I fix an update error?
Follow the stated steps in your Windows PC to fix the update error in 2021.
Open Settings in Windows PC
Choose Update & Security option
Click on Troubleshoot
Under Windows Updates, click on Run the troubleshooter
We’re glad to introduce the fixing methods for error code 0xc000000f, in this article. If you have any doubts or queries kindly, note them in the comment section. We will look into it!