When you see 402-935-7733 Paypal Charge Message questions may arise whether it is a scam number as many people might have noticed that this phone number is usually accompanied by a consumption record.
- 1 402-935-7733 messages of Paypal Charges
- 2 What is Phone number 402-935-7733 and Where to find it?
- 3 So, why does this number 402-935-7733 show up on your bank statement or your Credit card Transactions?
- 4 Unauthorized transactions
- 5 How to fix this suspected fraudulent charge 402-935-7733?
- 6 Conclusion
402-935-7733 messages of Paypal Charges
This number does not give the same information to different people with many receiving varied messages. We have taken two such examples below
User A: A charge for $xxxx has appeared on their bank statement that cited “Paypal*Igottrade402-935-7733/VISA Purchase (non-pin) as a payee. There was not corresponding notation in their PayPal online records.
User B: they observed charge popping up every month for $9.99 on their bank account. It stated the Purchase Authorized on XXX Paypal*Microsoft 402-935-7733 WA. the user had no idea what this meant.
So, now the question is, what is this 402-935-7733 number and where to find it.
With some research, we found that people have completely different stories behind this. Some say that it is a legitimate PayPal charge to cover the insufficient funds, while the others states that it is a scam that needs to be reported to both PayPal as well as their corresponding banks.
So, we have prepared this article to clear out your doubt and answer your question on which is correct and what exactly does the number mean.
What is Phone number 402-935-7733 and Where to find it?
To clear it out, the phone number 4029357733 is actually the PayPal customer service phone number. You will see this phone number on the Paypal help page about Unauthorized transactions.
So, why does this number 402-935-7733 show up on your bank statement or your Credit card Transactions?
Caring about the phone number is less important than the fact that there is such a mysterious record of Paypal charges. If you are facing the same concerns, read the explanation provided below.
You might have noticed that, when you register for a Paypal account, you have to provide a bank card account or a credit card account for the backup payment method. So, in this way the bank account or the credit card will be linked to Paypal. With this feature, whenever you pay using your Paypal and the amount in your Paypal account is not enough to pay, then the linked bank card account will make the payment. Hence, in this way, you will have a record charge on your bank statement about Paypal and the phone number 402-935-7733.
In accordance with what was stated above, if you do not possess a Paypal account or you have one but did not use it during the time the transaction occurred, or you don’t remember that purchase that correlates to the entry in your bank statement, it is entirely possible that it is fraudulent.
According to the Unauthorized transaction in the PayPal account, it states that, if you think someone used your bank account without your permission, you need to immediately report it to PayPal and they will help in protecting your account. They will help in case you find a suspicious charge, an error, or any other unauthorized transaction when you view your account. You need to report it within a time limit of 60 days from when it appeared on your statement and if the unauthorized transactions are eligible, then you won’t be held liable.
You can notify PayPal in the following ways:
- For any sort of error or unauthorized transaction, you can contact the customer service at 402-935-7733 or go to https://www.paypal.com/help and click on “Call Us”. you can also notify via writing or online by following the given instructions.
- Make sure that you double check before notifying PayPal that the transaction might not have been simply forgotten for instance a recurring payment for a magazine subcscription.
How to fix this suspected fraudulent charge 402-935-7733?
To fix this, the first thing you need to do is confirm whether this is your personal routine paid subscription that you could have forgotten, or maybe your family member may have subscribed service using your Paypal account. So, if you do not need it, then cancel it.
Step 1: cancel your paid subscription service in Paypal
- Go to your PayPal account
- Select the Settings icon to enter your account settings
- Select on Payments
- In that click on Manage pre-approved payments
- Click on Cancel or Cancel automatic billing and follow the instructions that will be provided.
With this, you will not be seeing any subscription information about this phone number with PayPal from the next month.
If you suspect a fraudulent charge on PayPal, for example, you do not have a consumption record at the displayed time but it happened, then you can report it on PayPal.
- Open your PayPal
- Go to the PayPal Resolution Center
- Select the Report a Problem
- Find the unauthorized transaction that you want to report and click on continue.
- After that, you click on I want to report unauthorized activity
- Steps will be provided, follow them to finish it
- Once done, change your PayPal password and accompanying security questions. This will prevent other from abnormal deduction records in your PayPal account.
Once the dispute is finished, you will receive an email within 10 days from PayPal.
Step 3: Contact your bank
If by chance you find that your bank card or your credit card has been stolen and a deduction record has already been generated, the first thing you must do is call your bank to charge this payment back. Normally, banks have an independent department to handle similar issues. Once you contact them about your problems, you may get your money back.
Overall, the number 402-935-7733 is neither a threatening nor a fraudulent call, instead, it is a customer service phone number of PayPal. whenever you encounter an abnormal deduction record in your PayPal account, make sure you follow the step provided in this article to get your money back.